Terms and Conditions: The Satellite - Win on Wednesday
By entering this competition, contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of entry: To enter, contestants must collect a copy of this week’s Masthead (including dateline) published in The Satellite on Wednesday October 14, 2015.
The Masthead and dateline must be original newsprint. Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
The Masthead (including the dateline) must be placed in an envelope marked The Satellite - Win on Wednesday with your full name, address and phone number clearly marked on the back and then:
- Send to: PO Box 260, Ipswich, QLD 4305; or
- Deliver to: QT, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich QLD 4305.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- One original masthead/dateline per standard envelope.
- One (1) copy of the book: Genuine Lies, retail value $29.99.
- The total maximum retail value of the prizes for this competition is $29.99 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like; or a greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 8:30am (AEST) on Wednesday October 14, 2015 and closes at 5:00pm (AEST) on Wednesday October 21, 2015 (closing time/date). Entries received after the closing time/date will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants who are under the age of 18 years require parent/guardian’s permission to enter this competition. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected by random draw at the Queensland Times office, 260 Brisbane Street, Ipswich, QLD 4305 at 9:00am (AEST) on Thursday October 22, 2015 and contacted by telephone. Prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize winner will be published in The Satellite’s Win on Wednesday page on Wednesday October 28, 2015. All contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required. Parents/Guardians must accompany children under 16 years of age to collect prizes. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. All prizes (other than specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: The Queensland Times Pty Ltd ACN: 009 658 244