THE family who live in a house targeted during racial violence at the weekend has vowed to fight back if attacked again.
Colin Barlow, whose sister lives in the Woodridge home, said racial tensions had been going on for years in the local area.
Police were called to the Douglas St address twice on Sunday after reports of violent clashes.
They first arrived at the house just after midnight on Sunday where they found property that had been damaged during a brawl between Pacific Islanders and Aboriginal residents.
Police found the property with smashed windows and holes to the exterior wall.
They were again called to the property late Sunday and allegedly found a group of more than 30 people fighting in the street.
But Mr Barlow said these scenes were nothing new.
"This has been going on for the past five years and I think it is only going to get worse," he said.
"I don't think this is an issue which is ever going to be resolved.
"If my family is ever going to be attacked, we will retaliate."
Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Superintendent Noel Powers said there would be more officers out on patrol in the coming week.
"Because of the incidents in that particular street in Woodridge, we have increased our police patrols," Supt Powers said.
"I would be a fool to say there wasn't tension between some races in the Logan community.
"We have got over 250 cultures all living within this one area.
"We want to resolve this, get it settled down and try and bring it to a successful conclusion."
Federal Member for Rankin Craig Emerson appealed for calm.
"Australia is a multicultural society founded on mutual respect and tolerance," Mr Emerson said.
"In Logan, we have, for the most part, managed to live in harmony despite a wide diversity of ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds."
State Member for Woodridge Desley Scott visited the residents of the Douglas St property on Monday.
She said she had already been in talks with local elders after the weekend's incidents.
Two men have since been charged. A 17-year-old and a 21-year-old, both from Slacks Creek were charged with public nuisance and obstructing police.
The 17-year-old is expected to appear in the Beenleigh Magistrates Court on January 28. The other man is expected to appear on February 28.
Solid and irresistibly charming behind a white picket fence in one of the most sought after locations in Ipswich. This colonial gem was built around the turn of...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.