PERFECT for winter, try this oriental pork recipe from Annette Sym's Symply Too Good Too Be True cookbook four.
- 500g butterfly pork steaks
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger (in jar)
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup fresh green beans sliced
- 1 cup onion sliced
- ¾ cup fresh baby corn cut in half
- 1 cup capsicum sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt reduced chicken style stock powder (Massel®)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce 43% less salt
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 x 375ml can evaporated light milk
- ½ teaspoon imitation coconut essence
Cut pork into thin strips. Coat a large non-stick frypan or wok with cooking spray, sauté pork and ginger until browned. Add celery, beans, onion, corn and capsicum and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking. Add stock powder, soy, fish and sweet chilli sauces and peanut butter and blend well. In a small mixing bowl combine cornflour with evaporated milk and coconut essence, then pour into pan, stir continuously until boiling.
Replace pork with either rump steak, skinless chicken breasts or lean leg lam steaks or 400g of tofu.
To reduce the sodium count replace crunchy peanut butter with no added salt crunchy peanut butter.
PER SERVE PORK RUMP CHICKEN LAMB TOFU
FAT TOTAL 8.0g 10.0g 9.6g 9.5g 12.7g
SATURATED 2.2g 3.2g 2.6g 3.1g 1.9g
FIBRE 3.8g 3.8g 3.8g 3.8g 3.8g
PROTEIN 43.9g 42.7g 41.7g 41.9g 23.4g
CARBS 24.7g 24.7g 24.7g 24.7g 28.7g
SUGAR 15.5g 15.5g 15.5g 15.5g 16.5g
SODIUM 570mg 568mg 574mg 585mg 511mg
KILOJOULES 1459(cals 347) 1512(cals 360) 1481(cals 353) 1481(cals 353) 1249(cals 297)
GI RATING Not Available Due To The Low Carb Content