A TOOWOOMBA mum has expressed her shock and horror at discovering a sharp bone in a chicken product she was about to feed to her baby.
The bone was found in a packet of chicken fingers sold as "`100% chicken breast" at a Coles supermarket in Toowoomba.
"I bought these as a quick lunch option for (my baby) and me but I won't be giving them to her," the mum posted on Facebook.
"I'm just glad she was still napping so didn't get to eat them first.
"Although this is only a small bit, it's sharp and could be dangerous for babies."
However, the mum admitted that the packaging contained a warning that the product could contain chicken bones.
"I totally understand accidents happen, but seriously?
"It must be pretty common if they write that on the box."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.